Do you lovingly hand-make beautiful crafts, only for eBay or Amazon to fleece you on seller’s fees? Are you sick of Etsy taking £100 commission every month from your hard earned sales?
Perhaps you’ve thought of getting your own e-commerce site, but the perceived cost has put you off. Or maybe you just don’t know where to start.
Web developer and copywriter team for e-commerce
If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place. I’m a copywriter, working alongside an amazing web developer. We’re based in Lancashire, but have created websites and content for businesses across the UK.
Between us, we can create a fantastic website for your business, tailored to your exact requirements. (It’s not as expensive as you’d think, I promise!) Think of all the money you’ll save in the long-run on sellers’ fees…
We’ll include the content for however many website pages you need. Plus a shopping cart, so that customers can buy the products directly from your site.
Product description copywriting
I am a keen crafter myself, so I know the time and love that is put into each of your pieces. How about some amazing product descriptions that will show your charming crafts off to their full potential?
Benefits of having an e-commerce site
Here are some of the benefits of having your own e-commerce site over using other channels to sell your products.
- You’ll have total control over the design and search engine optimisation (SEO). Have we lost you a bit here? Worry not, as we can do all of this for you.
- On other platforms, you have no control over any policies or regulations they decide to change. You have no option to add any extra features you might need, such as extra mailing list signup buttons. With your own e-commerce site, everything is completely within your control.
- There will be no customer distractions on your own website. You won’t need to worry about competitors advertising their products right next to yours. It’s just your crafts, in your shop, on your site.
- Want people to take you seriously? Both customers and the media are more likely to do this if you have your own, well-designed website. It shows that you’ve put time and effort into design and branding.
- Best of all, there’s no commission to pay, and no seller’s fees.
Blogging for crafts
If you’re going to make the jump to your own e-commerce site, be prepared to put some serious time into marketing. This should definitely include a blog because of SEO reasons (I can help you here too). You can also spend time promoting your business using social media, fliers, and even by touring trade and craft shows.
Take a look at the home page I wrote for Only Willow handmade crafts shop, for an idea of the quality copywriting you can expect. If you’d like to see some of my other work, please see my portfolio.
If you’d like a chat about creating your own e-commerce site, give me a call and I’ll give you a quote for free.